I know it can be the last thing on your mind when you are busy getting ready for work early in the morning or feeling pressured to work through your lunch break. We really must take time to do some exercise as it not only helps you to stay in shape and feel better about yourself, it is great for a healthy heart and for your mind.
Let’s look at the things we can do in small short blasts of exercise through out your day..
“OK LET’S SET OUR ALARMS 15 MINUTES EARLIER AND AFTER WE HAVE BEEN TO THE BATHROOM AND GOT OUR SELVES A GLASS OF WATER WE ARE READY TO BEGIN.”
Light jog on the spot to help wake up your body for 30 sec
Skipping for 30 seconds, with or without a rope
Stretch down to your toes and then walk hands out to a plank and back to standing x5
Jog again with knees up jab cross punching 30 sec
Hill runs with hands on the floor, swapping your feet and bending your knees x10
Stretch side to side legs wide bending the knees, as low as you can x10
Burpees, jumping up then hands down to the ground , legs go out straight body and back up to the jump x10
Press ups full or on your knees x10
Squat with side kicks x10
Try to repeat as many times as you have time for, and feel full of energy and ready for your day.
“SOME ACTIVITIES CAN BE DONE AT THE SAME TIME AS DOING YOUR DAILY TASKS AND WILL HELP YOU REMEMBER TO DO THEM IF YOU LINK THEM TO OTHER ACTIVITIES.”
1. Squats while brushing your teeth.
2. lunges with drying your hair.
3. Press ups while waiting for food to cook.
4. Plank and kettle bells while watching Inspiring videos.
1 hour is plenty of time to go for a brisk walk and then have some healthy food.
If you have a dog it’s great to have a little jog with them. You could always ask a work colleague if they fancy a jog and a chat.
You might even be lucky and have somewhere nearby where you can do some weights, skipping and press ups for 30 mins
Try to do something fun and active even when your feeling tired, it will give you more energy if you push yourself at the beginning.
Look at local classes in your area or find something you can do that makes you feel good. Kickboxing is my favourite activity, you can do it in a class or on your own shadow boxing or with a punch bag. I always feel strong and full of energy. 30 mins to 1 hour with 1 minute building up to 2 min rounds. Building strength, power and speed.
For people that are struggling to fit in 30 mins just start with 10 mins, you will start to feel better and want to increase the time you spend looking after yourself.
It is always difficult to develop a new habit and there are a few ways you can remind yourself to stay determined and keep that promise to yourself.
1. Put an alert on your phone at the time you need to stop what you’re doing and focus on your goal.
2. Get some nice frames and print out some inspirational quotes to have around the house.
3. Find images of the look you want to achieve make a goal board /progress board to add photos to.
4. Watch motivational videos online and subscribe to things that give you ideas you will be alerted when there are new videos to see.
5. Be accountable, let your friends know what your trying to achieve and invite them to join you on your challenge. You will be able to keep reminding and encouraging each other.
Convert your garage or a spare room into your gym area or if your struggling for space a small area next to your bed with a matt and some weights to remind you as soon as you wake up.
STAY HEALTHY AND HAPPY
I hope this helps, please let me know how you’re getting on tell us your stories on our Facebook page.