SO YOU MIGHT NOT FEEL LIKE THE MOST CONFIDENT PERSON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. BUT WHAT IS CONFIDENCE AND HOW DO WE GET MORE OF IT TO FEEL GREAT..
Confidence is a state of mind that has been shaped by our beliefs. Positive thinking, exercise, practice at what you want to be good at, feeling good by doing fun activities, knowledge and learning to be more open by talking to other people are all useful ways to help improve or boost your confidence levels..
WHERE DID YOUR CONFIDENCE GO?
As we grow up we react to our environment and how people treat us. People can be very judgemental and we may have been around some poor role models that gave us a bad perception of ourselves. Often if we have been treated badly by others at a young age we then grow up thinking we are not worthy of greatness.
You must question your negative self beliefs. Why do you think they are true? Where does this thought come from? Can to relate it back to a situation in the passed, who told you and why did you believe them? We are all human and no one has the right to put you down.
Everyone has had experiences in life where others have tried to make them feel small. It doesn’t mean that person was right and it doesn’t mean you have to carry that around with you for the rest of your life.
THERE ARE SOME AMAZING STORIES OF VERY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE THAT WHERE ONCE TOLD THEY WOULD NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING…
Some may not know F. W Woolworth today, but Woolworth was once one of the biggest names in department stores in the U.S. Before his success Mr. Woolworth worked at a small store and was not allowed to help customers, his boss said he lacked the sense needed to do so. Another great example is Walt Disney who makes billions from movies and theme parks, but Walt Disney himself had a lot of hardship and didn’t have any good luck at the start. He was fired by a newspaper editor as he said, “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.” Disney started many business ideas that didn’t last and ended with bankruptcy. He just kept going, and eventually found success.
Our beliefs about everything can change and we can change our perception of ourselves and our abilities. This will then improve confidence and make you feel the best.
HERE ARE MY TOP TIPS TO CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE BELIEFS ABOUT YOURSELF AND BUILD CONFIDENCE FAST.
1) set yourself physical challenges small ones at first e.g a jog around the block and gradually increase the size of your challenge. Exercise releases endorphins making you feel happy. When you start to see results you will gain more belief in yourself.
2) Get a small note book to carry around or write a note in your phone that you can look at every morning. Make a list of your strengths and your achievements. Get a friend to help you as you may find this hard at first.
3) Be more aware of your thoughts and challenge any negative ones about yourself such as ‘I never do anything right’, Now think of reasons why these aren’t true again you might need help from a good friend.
4) Look after yourself, make sure you have some nice clothes to wear and you always look your best.
5) Eat a healthy balance diet, if your looking after yourself and eating healthy food you will look good and feel better about yourself.
6) If you feel nervous practice deep slow breathing start with 4 counts in and 6 out, imagine all of your muscles relaxing start at the top of your head and work your way down.
7) Smile at people you pass in the street and be open to conversation. Don’t worry what people will think remember they are the same as you. Just say hi and smile be relaxed. We are all human and you never know you could make someone’s day.
Kickboxing has really improved my confidence, as I’ve got stronger and fitter I have felt so much better about myself. I never get stressed out like I used to and I also feel much more confident to deal with any situation in my life. I have the skills to protect myself and I have made some fantastic friends. If you would like to receive more healthy happy ninja tips subscribe to our email list. We are creating some really exciting freebies for you and we look forward to hearing your stories. Take care and believe you can,